St Albans councillor Simon Grover to contest MP seat

15 November 2019

St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover has been selected to run for the parliamentary seat of St Albans in the General Election on 12 December.

Simon is a climate emergency campaigner and local councillor who was born and bred in St Albans. He lives in the centre of the city with his wife and daughter.

We need your help to raise £1,000 towards the cost of fighting this election. Anything you can pledge will help! Here's how we'll spend any funds raised:

  • £20 pays for bright green posters for people’s windows
  • £100 pays for a round of leaflets
  • £500 covers our election deposit

Please go to our crowdfunding page to chip in whatever you can!


Simon was elected to St Albans Council in 2011, and has been re-elected twice. He was a key player in getting the Council to take climate change seriously, and is now working closely on the local strategy to address the climate emergency.  

Simon said: “I’m proud to have been chosen to fight this election for the Green Party in St Albans. Please help build our local party’s fighting fund so we can spread the Green message and build pressure for the urgent change that’s needed.”

Simon’s priorities will be:

  • Pushing for a People’s Vote and then campaigning hard for Remain
  • Leading on real action to tackle the Climate Emergency
  • Fighting tirelessly to reverse austerity.

Please give what you can to support our campaigning work in St Albans.

While other political parties are funded by wealthy corporate donors, the Green Party is different. We’re a grassroots people-powered party, funded by thousands of people chipping in donations of £20, £50 and £100 to fund our work. 

Please help us reach our £1,000 target!

Get in touch

We also know that some of our supporters will not be able to give us money, but would still like to show their support. If so, we would love to hear from you so we can keep in touch about the campaign and invite you to help in other ways such as delivering leaflets in your area, or putting up a poster. Contact us at

Regional News

National News


Sign up for updates

Find out more